Safeway grocery delivery offers a vast array of wares as an online grocer. Offerings range from over the counter medications, sundries and all the groceries of its brick and mortar counterpart.
Safeway an American household name since 1906 brings grocery delivery to the table and to businesses. They are a complete online grocer. Regardless of which name Safeway grocery delivers’ they have made their service and product line stand out.
One nice feature their website offers is the ability to post a note on an item letting your Personal Shopper know your particular preferences. In example you might post “no green bananas, or only rib eye choice grade steaks!”
1. Groceries for Delivery: Practically everything from fresh produce; dairy; deli; bakery; fresh meats; frozen; canned goods; distilled spirits; wine; and beer plus fresh seafood.
Note: laws vary and in certain areas therefore distilled spirits, wine, beer or tobacco may not be offered.
2. Unavailable Groceries: The stores which do deliver tobacco only deliver cigars at this time.
3. Sundries: Yes, a full line of sundries and personal care items.
4. Medicine: Yes, a full line of over the counter medications.
5. Minimum Purchase: $49.00
6. Contract: No.
7. Four Item Price Comparisons: $7.63
Service Number & Hours: (877) 505-4040 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM all time zones. Seven
days a week. Order placement is online only. No telephone orders accepted.
Customer Service Center mailing address is:
Safeway Grocery Delivery Inc.
M/S 10501 P.O. Box 29093
Phoenix, AZ 85038-9093.
Customer service said to use the mailing address for comments or if you need a copy of a receipt, but keep in mind it takes 4-6 weeks for a response.
9. Guarantee and Refund: Safeway touts a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. So here is how it goes down. If it’s the wrong item, or damaged give it to the driver on the spot.
They highly prefer you return the item to the driver right then. This is so the local store can work out the issue versus the national Customer Service Center.
Giving the item to the driver means you do not have to hand carry the item to the store, show your receipt and receive the refund. This would be an obvious defeat in the effort of online grocery delivery.
In respect to returns supposedly they refund your delivery fee but surely there are qualifiers with this policy. Know that it takes some 7-10 business days to see the refund load back unto your card.
If an item needs returning with a value of $25.00 or greater usually a driver will return to grab it. This decision is up to an operations manager and not the national customer service office.
10. Live Chat: Unfortunately not.
11. Website: www.shop.safeway.com
12. Email: it’s a long one, firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Delivery Area: To see if they deliver in a particular area simply text in the zip code on the home page.
14. Delivery Method: They have their own fleet of delivery trucks. Safeway’s delivery trucks have three separate compartments:
15. Delivery Cost: Free delivery when you spend $150.00 on one purchase AND use the proper promo code. Delivery fees range from $12.95 to $6.95. The variance of fees is in respect to the time span of delivery.
They have one, two and four hour delivery windows. Translated this means how long of a window of time are you willing to be stationary at home to receive your groceries!
Note: “Just 4 U” is a program tailored to offer discounts based your previous individual purchases. Just 4 U is a discount program is offered to their online shopping customers as well as traditional in store grocery shoppers.
However you must select this option prior to shopping. It helps to know these sales are updated weekly on Tuesdays at 12:01 AM. The free Safeway grocery delivery is for orders $150.00 or greater will only be recognized if you select its proper Promotion Code Deals.
The Buy One Get One Free offers apply only if you select the TWO items of its offering not just one. They will only deliver one if you select only one of the offered item.
A final word on the Club Card do not forget to enter your Club Card number to get savings.
During the holiday season the Safeway grocery delivery 'free delivery' fee may only apply to orders of $200.00 or greater. But sort through your Promotion Code Deals to possibly eliminate the raised seasonal delivery minimum.
Each order will always contain a fuel surcharge depending on local fuel costs. This fee runs typically less than $2.00. The surcharge is not based on the order or its size.
Q. “What if I miss a delivery?”
A. Drivers will place a hanger on your door and call you to reschedule at no fee. They realize ‘life’ just happens at times and are seemingly lenient to attempt repeat deliveries.
Estimated Arrival Time: Safeway grocery delivery occurs between 6:00 AM and 10:00 PM, seven days a week. Your order is gathered from one individual store only and not a warehouse.
The store is out of stock which happens they do not run around to other stores collecting groceries to fill orders.
Same day delivery occurs when an order is placed before 8:30 AM your local time on that day. Delivery days and times depend on your local stores schedule.
16. Drop-off: Attended. Deliveries must always be signed for in order to be released.
If there is alcohol the signer needs to show identification that they are at least 21 years of age. Tobacco deliveries require signers be at least 18 years of age with identification to back this up.
Safeway’s policy does not allow its drivers to accept tips.
5918 Stoneridge Mall Rd. Pleasanton, CA 94588-3229
Your next steps: