Online Grocery Stores

Compared: Schwans Food

Add your store.

Minnesotans are quite familiar with Schwans food. The bright yellow Schwan’s delivery trucks have ran around Minnesota for years!


It is where they’re headquarters is located. For over 50 years, Schwan’s food has been making and delivering frozen foods to homes, beginning in Minnesota and then branching out across the nation.


Their ice cream treats are the favorites of children and adults alike, and their long menu of snack items follows close behind.


Of course we performed our four item grocery price comparison for you below.


Groceries for Delivery: Only frozen foods: prepared meals; meat; vegetables; and desserts. Customer service said that approximately 60% of their food comes pre-seasoned and the other 40% does not.


Unavailable Groceries: No fresh produce; meat, or fresh dairy products for example no eggs, milk nor butter. Alcohol or tobacco.


Sundries: No


Medicine: No


Minimum Purchase: None


Contract: No


Four Item Grocery Price Comparisons: $12.51


Customer Service Number & Hours: (888) 724-9267; 5:00 AM - 1:00 AM seven days a week.


Guarantee and Refund: 100% quality guarantee. “If you’re unsatisfied with one of our products – for any reason – we will gladly replace it or provide a refund.”


Live Chat: Yes this is totally one of the best features on their website.


Website: www.schwans.com


Email: liveperson@schwans.com or questions@schwans.com


Delivery Area: Nationwide


Delivery Method: Schwans food Delivery Trucks for Las Vegas, NV area for example they deliver once every two weeks. Mail order is another option for delivery.


Delivery Cost: Using the Las Vegas example its $1.75 for Schwan Truck Delivery and for UPS the cost would be $4.95 for orders over $100.00 and $14.95 on orders under $100.00 after all discounts.


Estimated Arrival Time: Varies per location, but generally 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM seven days a week; holiday delivery schedule is set by local drivers.


Drop-off: Attended or Unattended in special freezer bags or if UPS Styrofoam cooler with dry ice.


Pros


  • Print catalog available
  • Knowledgeable and helpful live chat staff
  • They are known for their high quality products
  • 52 years in the business of home delivery of groceries
  • Trucks carry additional products available for at home purchase
  • If you like the convienace of food prepared for you this online grocery store might be a best bet.
  • Website provides detailed information on each product, including nutritional information and product reviews


Cons


  • Certain areas have limited delivery,  like biweekly only. 
  • Schwans-food is primarily pre-made frozen food items.


Headquartered: Schwans Home Service, inc. 115 West College Drive; Marshall, Minnesota 56258


You next steps: